Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Romance Writer Weekly Blog Chat for October 7, 2014


Do you like to read romance novels? Wouldn’t you like to know more about your favorite authors? Well, you came to the right place! Join the writers of Romance Weekly as we go behind the scenes of our books and tell all…… About our writing of course! Every Tuesday we’ll all answer the same questions and after you’ve enjoyed the blog on this site, we’ll direct you to another. So come back often for a thrilling ride. Tell your friends and feel free to ask us questions in the comment box.

Is it Tuesday all ready? Wow, how time has flown since last week. I hope that you enjoyed your visit with A.S. Fenichel at her blog  http://asfenichel.net/blog  By the way, Andrea's new book "Ascension, The Demon Hunters" went on sale this week.

This weeks three questions, given to us by the amazing Beth Carter (who recently released "Thursdays at Coconuts"), are about the writing craft. So, here goes:


Question 1.  Which type of character do you prefer writing about: Sexy, romantic, sweet, quirky, mean, old, young, smart, silly or other?

While I like to put myself into the Heroine's position, especially when it's a romantic or spicy sex scene, I think it's more fun to write about the villain. It's fun to be bad on paper, and to be able to do really wicked things. My villain's also tend to be murderers, and it's interesting to get into the minds of my evil-doers on paper.

I enjoy writing through the villain's perspective, sharing their motivations, and what caused them to do whatever evil thing transpired. Please don't get me wrong. I don't write horrific crime scenes with blood and gore. My bad girls or guys, tend to be motivated by greed or revenge, and don't usually make too much of a mess.


Question 2.  Have you ever killed off (or gotten back at) an ex in your writing? On paper, of course.

No, I haven't done that. Yet.


Question 3.  What hobbies do you have that you incorporate in your writing?

This is an easy one. Golf. To be honest, I'm not very good at it, but I really enjoy it, so that makes it more fun. The last novel I wrote was called "Trying or Par", and my heroine was a golf pro. It was fun to write about a series of murders at a golf resort. I might use a golf theme in another novel in the future.

By the way, I actually made a par on this hole! It's what keeps me coming back. That one hole where everything worked - it's the best feeling.


Now that you're done visiting with me, please take time to visit with the wonderful Vicki Mixon at her website  http://vickimixon.com/ 

Hope to see you next time.

Warmly,

Mikki

13 comments:

  1. I have to say I never did manage golf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's an acquired taste. I hated it when I was young. No patience then. Think I've grown up!

      Delete
  2. I've never been able to golf other than putt putt. I think it would be cool to have a series of murders revolving around a golf course though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. I might alter the concept and write another one based on golf. It's fun to write about something that I like to do - adds a little realism for me.

      Delete
  3. It is fun to be bad on paper, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed a hole-in-one at mini-golf. LOL. Does that count? Thanks for the reminder of balls, though. :) I could write about tennis or racquetball.

    Like you, I prefer writing about and creating villains. And also no gore. Just tragedies or accidents. I'm finally on board.
    http://banterwithbeth.blogspot.com/2014/10/romance-writers-weekly-blog-hop_7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo on the Mini Golf hole in one. Sure does! It's still putting and you do that in regular golf as well.
      Murder on a tennis court could be very cool...!

      Delete
  5. Love the 'Yet' at the end of your answer! :D Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Villains are fun! Congrats on being able to incorporate golf into your writing. Yay on the par! I am looking forward to seeing your book in print! http://flossiebentonrogers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your encouragement and support, Flossie. Looking forward to reading your next book in the series.

      Delete