Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Romance Writer Weekly Blog Chat for January 13, 2015


 


Do you like to read romance novels? Wouldn’t you like to know more about your favorite authors? Well, you came to the right place! Join the writers of Romance Weekly as we go behind the scenes of our books and tell all…… About our writing of course! Every Tuesday we’ll all answer the same questions and after you’ve enjoyed the blog on this site, we’ll direct you to another. So come back often for a thrilling ride. Tell your friends and feel free to ask us questions in the comment box.



MySexyValentine600 Digital
Welcome to my weekly blog chat, I'm glad you're here. I love to have visitors, so thanks for stopping by!
 
 
If you've joined me from amazing author, S.C. Mitchell http://scmitchell.wordpress.com/  then welcome. His new cover is posted here, and he's releasing his new book "Valentine's Day Canceled" on February 4th.

If you haven't been to his website, then I encourage you to click on the link above and visit him before you leave.

 
This week, we are discussing an idea posed to us by Elizabeth Janette  http://elizabeth-janette.blogspot.comShe asked us to blog about our TBR list, or for those who hate acronyms, our "to be read" list.
Murder, Mayhem, and Matrimony







My list is incredibly long. Partly because I received so many wonderful, free, books at the last Romance Writer of America conference held in July 2014. I shipped home a huge boxful and I've been slowly reading my way through the pile. I'm not the fastest reader, and that's the other reason that my list is so long. Besides the boxful of books, I have a list of other authors I want to read, and when added to my RWA pile, it's a bit intimidating.
I'm also still in the learning phase of writing. However, having said that, I'm not sure anyone is ever finished learning. I believe we're all constantly expanding and adding to our writer tool kits. Because of my desire for self improvement as a writer, I have a tall stack of books on the writing craft.
To be honest with you, I bought them, love them, and they sit next to me when I'm writing but I don't sit and read them. Most times I'm a flipper. You might be one too. A "flipper" flips through the pages when searching for the answer to a question on grammar, punctuation, or word choice. I don't actually read these books cover to cover. However, I count these on my TBR list, because one day I promise to read them thoroughly.
Back to my fiction TBR list. Some of my books are on my eReader, and others I have sitting on several bookshelves through out the house. I am slowly working through my list, and at this moment I'm reading Kathy Reichs "Bones Never Lie". 
I have to admit I was proud of my reading list for 2014. I finished a total of 30 books last year, and I hope to read at least 50 in 2015. Remember, I'm not the fastest reader - I love to savor the words on the page - I have trouble skimming. So 50 books may be a bit optimistic, but I'm going to go for it!
I figure that with my current reading backlog, plus the new box of books I'm sure to receive at this years RWA conference in New York, and other books from various author friends who are publishing their latest in 2015, I'll have 50 books or more on my TBR list.
How about you? Are you reading? If not, give it a try. Reading a good novel that absorbs you, and transports you to another place is amazing. It's like watching a movie taking place in your mind.
 
Fiona Riplee's Author Page

All right, that's enough from me. Why don't you hop over to Fiona Riplee  http://fionariplee.com/blog  and see what she has to say about her TBR list. I'm sure it's terrific. 
 
 



Have a wonderful week reading a book that's been collecting dust on your shelves.

Stop by anytime - it's always nice to have you visit.
Warmly,
Mikki Cober

 

8 comments:

  1. RWA is always good for getting more books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so wish I was going to RWA this year. Next year for sure. Hope you have a great time (like that would be hard :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Bring an extra bag for the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I'm going. Must decide soon. Feb 3 is just around the corner. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have a pile of books from RWA '13 and '14. I think I'll have to give some away, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was going to RWA this year :( Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fast reader either, so my list is always getting loner rather than getting smaller :D

    ReplyDelete