Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Romance Weekly Blog Chat for August 26, 2014



Do you like to read romance novels? Wouldn’t you like to know more about your favorite authors? Well, you came to the right place! Join the writers of Romance Weekly as we go behind the scenes of our books and tell all…… About our writing of course! Every Tuesday we’ll all answer the same questions and after you’ve enjoyed the blog on this site, we’ll direct you to another. So come back often for a thrilling ride. Tell your friends and feel free to ask us questions in the comment box.


Hi! Welcome back to another blog chat with Romance Writer’s Weekly. I’m sure that your visit to Kim Handysides was wonderful, http://kimhandysides.com  and that you learned a lot about her first awesome kiss.  Oh yes, that’s what we are writing about this week – giving you the scoop on our very first kiss.
Before we get started, think back. What was your first kiss like… be honest. Was it romantic and sexy? Or, was it awful and awkward? Mine was a little of all of the above. So, let me tell you about my first sweet kiss.

The year was 1969 and his name was Dave. I was a naive thirteen year old and he was, in my opinion, an awesome fifteen year old. Yes, it’s true. I was dating an older man. Wow! He was every thirteen-year-old girls dream. Blonde, blue eyed, and he had a nice build – for a fifteen year old, so let’s not get too crazy here. To continue, everything about him was so cool, even his glasses. They were latest in wire rims. Groovy, baby, can’t ya dig it?
Ahem, I digress.

Anyway, Dave was nice, funny, and that wonderful combination of bad boy sexy. We were sitting in my Uncle’s car, waiting, talking, when he put his arm around me. The next thing I knew he leaned in and gave me the softest kiss. At that moment, my brain stopped all function. It wasn’t until the kiss ended, that I realized I hadn’t closed my eyes, and that my own lips never responded. They had merely sat there on the lower half of my face in unmoving, dumbfounded, surprise.

After the shock wore off, and I realized that Dave had meant to kiss me, I got myself together. If there was another kiss coming, I was going to be ready. Within minutes, there was chance to redeem myself. Our lips met, I closed my eyes, and wow! Kissed him right back. It wasn’t steamy, but it was sweet and beautiful, and I’ve never forgotten it.
Enough about my first kiss experience. I invite you to jump over to Collette Cameron’s blog http://blueroseromance.com  and see what her first kiss was like. I bet it was incredible.
Thank you for stopping by, and I look forward to sharing something new with you on next week’s blog.

Warmly,
Mikki Cober

9 comments:

  1. Lovely piece of #FF, Mikki. Those older men. Hot stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed your trip back in time, Mikki! And I remember those wire rim glasses very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sneak attack! Gotta love those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the surprise wore off in time for you to enjoy your second (and third?) kisses. =) So sweet! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those older men, tricky aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. Even better that you finally kissed him back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you got a chance to redeem yourself and kiss him back!!! Beautiful first kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I was kissed until I was eighteen, and by my then future hubby. I was too much of a tomboy. Any guy who tried to pucker up met the business end of my fist. Very nice post, Mikki.

    ReplyDelete